Here's Everything You Need To Know About Through My Window Author Ariana Godoy
Of all of the Wattpad success stories we've heard, Ariana Godoy's just might be our favorite.
Ariana's a writer, influencer and Latina immigrant to the U.S. whose hit Wattpad webnovel, A traves de mi ventana (Through My Window in English) has been read more than 303 million times online. In fact, it was so popular that Netflix released an original film based on the book last week.
And it's not just Ariana's 1.2 million Instagram followers who are going wild for the movie version of A Traves De Mi Ventana on Netflix. In a day, it climbed to the No. 8 spot among Netflix's top movies. And her prolific writing doesn't end there. She'll also be releasing a new novel, Fleur, on Oct. 3. Point is, we're obsessed, and here's everything we learned about her as our latest Woman Crush Wednesday.
(Image courtesy of Ariana Godoy)
Name: Ariana Godoy
Hometown: Campo Lara, Zulia, Venezuela
Birthday: October 5
1. The Vampire Chronicles were the most pivotal books to Ariana's development as a writer.
"The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice (rest in peace) was the first long and complex saga I read and it inspired me to grow and dream to be like her one day. I'm still growing and learning."
2. Her go-to nail color is black.
"I just love the contrast and for some reason. I feel like my nails grow faster (totally not a scientifically proven belief)."
3. She's a firm believer that pineapple belongs on pizza.
"I love pineapple on pizza. Yes, I'm one of those people."
4. Ariana studied modern languages in college.
"I speak English, Spanish and a little French. I'd love to learn more languages, like Korean or German."
5. "Gravity" by Eden is her favorite song of all time.
"I will always sing my heart out to that song."
6. Through the art of writing, Ariana had to learn how to accept both praise and criticism.
"When you create something out of nothing, it's a marvelous art, but it leaves you open, exposed and vulnerable to the world and to people that will hate or love it and both are okay. I wish I learned that earlier on. It could have saved me a lot of heartache."
7. She doesn't know a ton about superhero movies, but enjoys them a lot and is a fan of both Marvel and DC.
8. Her current favorite style trend is wearing comfortable oversized hoodies and leggings.
9. She says she struggled with claustrophobia for a long time.
"I've worked on it with a professional, and nowadays, I'm so much better. I love being able to get in an elevator without having a panic attack."
10. Her empathy is core to who she is.
"Empathy is a big thing for me and something I believe could make the world a better place. Taking a moment to put yourself in someone else's shoes and try and understand where they're coming from can go a long way. Some people call me a romantic or naïve for thinking that trying to spread as much love and positivity as you can is not realistic; however, there is enough bad in the world and I do believe giving out love as much as you can, will shift things for the better."
For even more on Ariana and her breakaway success, click HERE to read our interview with her on Wattpad fame and what it meant to her to see her story made into a Netflix movie.