Everything You Wanted to Know About Entrepreneur and TikTok Sensation Avery Cyrus
Avery Cyrus is the definition of a trailblazer, and we couldn't be more obsessed.
In just two years, Avery's relatable content showcasing her everyday life has earned her more than 7 million followers—but that's not all. She's also one of the platform's top Latina LGBTQ creators and she's about to make history as part of Space Hero's new campaign, which will be sending nine of the internet's biggest creators to Philadelphia to train like astronauts at NASTAR Training Facilities to prove that anyone can go to outer space.
Essentially, there's not much that Avery can't do, and here's everything we learned about her as our latest Woman Crush Wednesday.
(Photo credit: Charlotte Lai)
Name: Avery Renee Blanchard
Hometown: Colleyville, Texas
Birthday: May 23
1. The one life lesson Avery wishes she'd learned earlier on is that it's always okay to be yourself.
"You don't have to pretend to be someone you're not just to fit in."
2. The No. 1 thing on her bucket list is getting to meet Miley Cyrus.
3. She's tried out most sports at one time or another.
"I've done volleyball, basketball, softball, hurdles, long-distance running, cross country, pole vault, cheerleading, gymnastics and many more. The thing, is I'm pretty mediocre at all of them! Basketball is definitely not my favorite sport. One time during a rec co-ed game, I scored for the wrong team…"
4. She can't get enough of brightly colored clothes—especially if they're tie-dye, rainbow or glittery.
5. She'd love to get good at real estate or vacation rentals.
"I'm actually trying to work on doing that as my second job now!"
6. Her biggest pet peeve is when people think they're better than everyone else.
7. Avery has a big collection of Japanese candy—but she tends to eat her supply as opposed to actually "collecting" it all.
8. She's not super into makeup, but she does enjoy highlighter.
"I think a good highlighter adds a super cute but subtle pop."
9. She can't get enough of horror movies.
"They give me an adrenaline rush."
10. She says her weirdest hobby is that she makes skateboards out of random things, such as tiny plastic babies and horses.
11. Her family is the most important thing to Avery.
"I don't know what I would do without them."
Love learning all about the women that inspire us? Click HERE to find out all of the reasons that singer-songwriter Grace Gaustad was our Woman Crush Wednesday.