We Promise That You'll Never Find Another Chai Sugar Cookie Like Taylor Swift's
Calling all Swifties, foodies and everyone in between.
Did you know that our girl Taylor Swift is an amateur baker in the kitchen and is pretty dang good at it? Her chai sugar cookies look absolutely scrumptious and we had to know what went into them. In the TikTok series Celeb Eats, made in collaboration between PEOPLE Magazine and Sweety High, influencer chef Tway Nguyen (aka, @taedabae) tests out the recipe for herself. Look below for the full recipe and directions for Taylor Swift's chai sugar cookies!
A few years ago, Taylor Swift posted a photo of some delicious cookies she made. Swifties wanted to know all about them, so she took to Tumblr and posted the recipe and commentary there! She got the sugar cookie recipe from Joy the Baker but added some of her own little twists to make it more chai-inspired. She added chai spices and an eggnog icing glaze and the end result was delish.
We found T Swift's old Tumblr post about the cookies, and it's honestly so refreshing and funny. She even makes a pun about herself saying "TAYblespoons." Just read it, you won't regret it!
Ingredients for Cookie:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or the seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 chai tea packet
Ingredients for Icing:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon eggnog
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease with cooking spray.
- Using a mixer, beat the butter in a large bowl on medium for about one minute.
- Add the vegetable oil, granulated sugar, powdered sugar, egg and vanilla, beating on medium speed until each ingredient is completely incorporated.
- Cut chai tea packet open and empty the crushed tea leaves into the batter.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt, using the mixer on low.
- Refrigerate the dough for one hour or freeze for 15 minutes so it's easier to handle.
- Now you're ready to bake!
- Dollup 1 tablespoon portions of cookie dough onto the cookie sheet about two inches apart.
- Press the dough evenly with your fingers or palm to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together the ingredients for the icing—the powdered sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and eggnog
- Spoon over cookies once they've cooled
- Sprinkle some cinnamon on top
Tway followed Taylor's recipe to a tee on the latest episode of Celeb Eats, and we must say, it looks rather mouth-watering.
@peopleWhat's sweeter than @taylorswift? Her Chai Cookies (probably)😂 ##CelebEats @twaydabae ##TaylorSwift ##cookies ##holidaycooking ##SwiftTok♬ original sound – People Magazine
In the end, Tway said the cookie tasted just like Christmas and gave it a chef's kiss. If you're a fan of all things Christman and cinnamon, you definitely need to give these cookies a try this holiday season.
Missed last week's Celeb Eats episode? Look HERE to find out all about Rihanna's mac 'n cheese.