You Need to Try Rihanna's Mac 'n Cheese Like NOW
S.O.S.—someone help us make Rihanna's mac 'n cheese!
If you're a fan of Rihanna for her killer talent in the music world or the creation of Fenty Beauty, we're right there with you. But did you know she's also a killer amateur chef? In this week's episode of the TikTok series Celeb Eats, made in collaboration between PEOPLE Magazine and Sweety High, influencer chef Tway Nguyen (aka, @taedabae) tests out one of Rihanna's recipes for herself. Look below for directions on how to make Rihanna's mac 'n cheese, and also to find out if Tway gives it a chef's kiss!
Rihanna shared her Mac A Rih's recipe with Esquire years ago, and it is fire. When we were kids, we remember putting ketchup on our mac 'n cheese, and that's actually one of the ingredients in Rihanna's recipe! She's adamant that the key to making this mac 'n cheese perfect every single time is by using a special Jamaican sauce, so make sure to order some before you get to cooking!
- 1 pound small elbow macaroni
- 1 medium white onion, grated
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Eaton's Jamaican Scotch Bonnet Pepper Sauce
- 4 cups Colby-jack cheese, shredded
- Cook pasta according to package in boiling salted water and reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water before draining.
- Add cooked macaroni and reserved pasta water to the pot and return to the stove on a low flame.
- Add bell peppers, white onion and half of the spring onions to the macaroni and mix.
- Add mustard, ketchup and pepper sauce to the macaroni and mix.
- Add in cheese one handful at a time, continuously stirring.
- If pasta is too stiff or not to your liking, add it in a little bit of water.
- Garnish with the remaining spring onions and serve.
Tway's Mac 'n Cheese
This week's episode of Celeb Eats was all about Rihanna and her intoxicating mac 'n cheese. Tway took a stab at it in the video below!
@peopleWe STILL don't have any new music from @rihanna, so @twaydabae's take on her ##macandcheese recipe will have to do🤷♀️ ##Rihanna ##CelebEats♬ original sound – People Magazine
Throughout the episode, Tway got to cooking and discussed Rihanna and how she wishes the pop star would drop new music soon (us too, girl!). In the end, Tway said the dish had a definite kick and gave it a chef's kiss. We can't wait to try this baby out for ourselves and think it would make for an interesting Thanksgiving dish!
Miss last week's episode? Look HERE to watch Tway make Kylie Jenner's flaky French toast.