Is That Chicken? No, It's Kylie Jenner's Flaky French Toast! Here's How to Make It
We seriously don't know how she finds the time, but we sure are glad she's shared her secrets with the world—especially when it comes to her flaky French toast. In the TikTok series Celeb Eats, made in collaboration between PEOPLE Magazine and Sweety High, influencer chef Tway Nguyen (aka, @taedabae) tests out the recipe for herself. Below, you'll find the recipe and directions for Kylie Jenner's Flaky French toast and find out if Twae gives it a chef's kiss!
Kylie Jenner took to her Instagram Stories in 2020 and shared a mouth-watering recipe for French toast with the world. She didn't give exact measurements, but that's the sign of a true chef! Instead of making plain-old French toast, she took things up a notch and added flaky, crushed-up cereal, and the end result is delicious.
- 1 loaf of brioche bread
- 2 to 3 cups of Frosted Flakes (or the cereal of choice)
- brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- maple syrup to taste
- Crush up your cereal of choice
- Pour the crushed-up cereal on a plate
- Combine milk, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon in a shallow dish
- Over medium heat, melt your butter
- In the egg mixture, dip your bread on both sides, letting it soak for a few minutes.
- Transfer the bread to your cereal plate and coat it on both sides with cereal crumbs.
- Place bread on the pan for four to six minutes on each side, topping with a sprinkle of brown sugar.
- Enjoy the French toast topped off with butter, maple syrup or any other toppings of choice!
Tway's Flaky French Toast
On the latest episode of Celeb Eats, Tway decided to make Kylie Jenner's flaky French toast for herself.
@peopleRise and shine with @twaydabae's take on @kyliejenner's French toast ##CelebEats ##KylieJenner ##cookinghacks ##riseandshine♬ original sound – People Magazine
She followed Kylie's recipe and directions and was left with perfectly toasted and flaky French toast. The only thing she did differently was let the bread soak for longer. Tway also used the same cereal as Kylie (Frosted Flakes) and gave it a big chef's kiss in the end. We plan on switching things up and making this with Fruity Pebbles ASAP!
Missed last week's episode of Celeb Eats? Look HERE to watch Twae make Selena Gomez's spicy miso ramen.