15 Christmas Carol and Song Lyrics That Make Wonderful Winter Instagram Captions
It's the most wonderful time of year, according to what Christmas carols and songs tell us, and we tend to agree.
Once Thanksgiving hits (okay, sometimes even earlier), we embrace all things Christmas, especially the music. Because there are so many catchy, joy-inspiring songs and only so many weeks to listen to them, we devour them like Santa Claus does any milk and cookies left in his path. They add so much to the holidays—and even to our Instagram posts.
Make Santa proud. Up your Christmas social media game with the lyrics you can use as captions below.
(Mean Girls via Paramount Pictures)
For the photo of the presents you wrapped:
"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas…"
– "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas," written by Meredith Willson
For the photo of you and your friends playing in the snow:
"May your days be merry and bright and may all your Christmases be white."
– White Christmas," written by Irving Berlin
For the photo of you decorating your Christmas tree:
"Deck the halls with boughs of holly, fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la."
– "Deck the Halls," traditional, with English lyrics written by Thomas Oliphant
For the photo of you visiting Santa:
"Jolly old Saint Nicholas, lean your ear this way…"
– "Jolly Old Saint Nicholas," written by John Piersol McCaskey and Emily Huntington Miller
For the photo of a Christmas lights:
"All is calm, all is bright."
– "Silent Night," written by Franz Xaver Gruber and Joseph Mohr
For the photo of you Christmas caroling:
"Joy to the world, now we sing."
– "Joy to the World," written by Isaac Watts
For the photo you take at a Christmas party:
"What a bright time, it's the right time to rock the night away."
– "Jingle Bell Rock," written by Joseph Carleton Beal and James Ross Boothe
For the photo you take of mistletoe:
"Oh, ho, the mistletoe is hung where you can see."
– "A Holly Jolly Christmas," written by Johnny Marks
For the photo of the snowstorm outside:
"Oh, the weather outside is frightful…"
– "Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow," written by Sammy Cahn and Julie Styne
For the photo of your fully decorated Christmas tree:
"O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree, how lovely are thy branches."
– O Christmas Tree," written by Ernst Anschütz
For the photo of you with your S.O. celebrating the holidays:
"All I want for Christmas is you."
– "All I Want for Christmas Is You," written by Mariah Carey
For the photo of the snowman you build (however lopsided):
"In the meadow we can build a snowman…"
– "Winter Wonderland," written by Felix Bernard and Richard B. Smith
For the photo of your sad, melted snowman:
"Frosty the snowman knew the sun was hot that day."
– "Frosty the Snowman," written by Walter Rollins and Steve Nelson
For the photo of you celebrating with your family:
"Have yourself a merry little Christmas. Let your heart be light."
– "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," written by Hugh Martin and Ralph Blane
For the photo of you in a Santa hat:
"Here comes Santa Claus, here comes Santa Claus, right down Santa Claus Lane."
– "Here Comes Santa Claus," written by Gene Autry
Need more holiday-themed captions? Click HERE to read more festive Christmas captions.