Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Singer-Songwriter and Actress Dylan Conrique
We were first introduced to Dylan as an actress and dancer who appeared on the popular YouTube series Chicken Girls, and we grew to love her even more once we heard her soulful voice and the straight-from-the-heart songwriting she bares in each of her original tracks. Her latest single, "Birthday Cake," is a powerful and uplifting ode to a friend who lost her mother to cancer, and it's only one example of Dylan's incredible way with words. Point is, we're obsessed, and here's everything we learned about the artist as our latest Woman Crush Wednesday.
(Photo credit: Neema Sadeghi)
Name: Dylan Conrique
Hometown: Loomis, California
Birthday: April 13
1. Dylan's go-to Starbucks drink is a grande iced caramel macchiato.
2. Her best school subject was history, and her worst was math.
"I always hated it!"
3. Her favorite desserts are IT'S-IT ice cream sandwiches, a NorCal staple.
4. She thinks she would make a horrible waitress.
"I always get nervous about going up to strangers."
5. She's seen the Divergent series more times than any other movies.
6. She has a lot of musical influences that change as she listens to different genres.
"I listen to a lot of country and slow ballads, which helps influence my writing a lot. I love how they tell stories with their writing, and it inspires me to do the same."
7. Her go-to nail look is a classic French tip.
8. Recently, she's fallen in love with her freckles.
"I used to hate my freckles, but I've been starting to embrace them a lot more recently."
9. Dylan's good heart is essential to who she is as a person.
"No matter what happens to our friendship, I will always have the same love for you, look out for you and cherish the good times."
If you're as obsessed with Dylan as we are, click HERE to read our recent interview with Dylan on her powerful single "Birthday Cake."