Everything You Need to Know About Actress Ella-Rae Smith
Watch out, because we are obsessed with the incredible talents of English actress Ella-Rae Smith.
She's been making quite the name for herself, recently appearing in 2:HRS and in Into the Badlands, and is set to appear soon in Netflix's The Stranger. This week, we spoke with Ella-Rae and learned all about her. Keep reading to find out what you need to know.
(Photo credit: Marek Chorzepa)
Name: Ella-Rae Smith
Hometown: Bristol, United Kingdom
Birthday: February 21
1. Ella-Rae would love to be able to visit the past.
"If I could live in any decade, it would either be the 1920s in New York, for the speakeasies, Gatsby-style parties and the glamorous fashion—or the 1970s for the music. It'd be amazing to see my favorite musicians live."
2. Her favorite song of all time is either "Lady Stardust" or "Let's Dance" by David Bowie, or "Le Freak" by Chic.
She holds onto some meaningful memorabilia from her life.
"I collect scripts. I have one for every project I've been a part of. I also have a huge book collection. I love reading and being able to look back over all the novels I've lost myself in."
3. No one makes her laugh harder than her little sister, Ciss.
4. She was born to see the world.
"Traveling is my hobby. There are so many places I'd love to go. Right now I'd love to visit Sri Lanka. The nature there looks so beautiful, and I really enjoy experiencing lifestyles and cultures very different to my own. California is also top of the list for not only the cities like San Francisco, but also for the national parks. Yosemite is high up on my list!"
5. She sometimes finds herself playing the role of life coach for her friends.
"I'm definitely the friend who gives out deep existential life advice. I think people come to me for a sprinkle of optimism and a reminder that in the grand scheme of things, everything will be okay."
6. Her favorite Disney movie is 2011's The Muppets.
"I also love the original 1979 The Muppet Movie and am just generally a lover of Kermit and the gang. It's a silly film that puts a smile on my face, and the puppetry is absolutely incredible."
7. She has a massive sweet tooth and is obsessed with Jelly Belly jelly beans. Sizzling cinnamon is her favorite flavor.
8. She is not afraid to burp.
"I burp really loudly and have zero shame when it comes to burps. Free the burps."
9. She has an adorable dog.
"One thing that never fails to make me smile is my dog Pippin's reaction when I come home. No one else in the world is ever that happy to see you."
If you're eager to see Ella-Rae in 2:HRS, click HERE to find out the reasons her costar Harry Jarvis was our Man Crush Monday.