With his evocative and vulnerable brand of modern pop, he’s one of the most profoundly relatable artists working today, expressing himself through such hits as “Lights Down Low,” “the broken hearts club” and “feelings fade,” as well as “i hate u, i love u” featuring Olivia O’Brien, which has been streamed literal billions of times. gnash puts it all on the table, opening up about his struggles with mental health and more, and the world is listening.
Last month, he dropped his latest album, The Art of Letting Go, featuring 12 emotional and impactful tracks. Written during the pandemic, these songs document gnash’s own human experience and the frequent struggle to let go—of the past, of people and of feelings themselves. We cannot get enough, and if you feel the same, keep scrolling to discover everything he shared about himself with us as our latest Man Crush Monday.
Name: Garrett Nash
Hometown: Los Angeles, California
Birthday: June 16
1. If gnash could steal the style of any fictional character, it’d be Mad Men‘s Don Draper.
2. His biggest celebrity crush is Helen Parr, also known as Elastigirl and Mrs. Incredible, from The Incredibles.
3. He has super fond memories of eating his mom’s mac & cheese growing up.
“I’m gluten-free and vegan now, so it holds a special place in my heart.”
4. His pets have an Instagram account, @hazymaisymaple, and he spends way too much time looking at it.
5. What’s been his best fan encounter?
“Meeting my mom was pretty cool.”
6. His dog, Maple, begging for a bit of his lunch never fails to make him smile.
7. The best concert he ever attended was the L.A. show of his “the broken hearts club tour.”
“I got to meet so many people from my hometown who all have emotional healing in common.”
8. His biggest guilty pleasure is watching a lot of 90 Day Fiancé.
Also read about: Everything You Wanted to Know About VOILÀ’s Luke Eisner and Gus Ross
9. He takes a five-minute cold shower every morning.
“Helps reset my day off to a great start.”
10. The song he’s proudest of writing is “Guiding Light.”
“I wrote it for my partner, Rosabelle.”
11. gnash has a complicated relationship with solitude.
“I like being alone, but I don’t like being lonely. Always feel free to come say hi :).”
For more on our past Man Crushes, click HERE to learn all about In His Mania singer-songwriter Spencer Sutherland.