Everything You Need to Know About Singer HRVY
It only takes a second of hearing British pop singer HRVY's voice to understand why he's such a sensation.
Each and every one of his tracks is phenomenal, and we are living for his latest single, "Me Because of You." He's incredibly talented, and we simply had to get to know more about him. Luckily, he was more than eager to show us a peek into his unique life.
(Photo credit: Chris Brooker)
Name: Harvey Leigh Cantwell
Hometown: Hartley, Kent, England
Birthday: Jan. 28
1. Marley & Me always makes him cry.
"I love dogs way too much, and seeing animals get hurt or die in movies makes me ball my eyes out."
2. He doesn't have to look far from home to see his biggest hero.
"My biggest hero is my mum because of how strong she is and how much she has taught me growing up. I've learnd a lot from her. My other hero is Iron Man."
3. He loves the color blue.
"I always have. I think it's because I love the sun and the blue skies and some of my best childhood memories were of my brothers and me on holiday, always in hot countries with bright blue skies."
4. How would HRVY describe himself in three words?
"I'd describe myself as loving—I love everyone and have always had a big heart, clumsy—I always misplace or forget super important things and always fall over and bang into stuff, and lastly passionate—I'm passionate about so many things including music, food and sports. When I set my mind to something I become pretty obsessed and passionate about it."
5. His favorite restaurant is Nando's, where he loves to order peri peri chicken with peri chips, halloumi sticks, garlic bread and a drink.
6. He's not that big into astrology, but he thinks his Aquarius sign describes him pretty well.
"I feel like I'm pretty similar. I'm very relaxed and have a big heart, but sometimes find it hard to show that emotion or open up."
7. He'd love to get better at cooking.
"I'm so bad, I can hardly make good toast. I'm building a new house this year so I'm going to be living on my own, and I need to learn how to cook!"
8. He's a huge fan of Tori Kelly.
"She is incredible. Her voice! Her runs! She is by far the best vocalist on this planet right now."
9. If he could pick anyone from history to be his mentor, he'd want them to be someone who made a positive impact on the world.
"Maybe someone like Steve Jobs. He always had a positive attitude and changed the way we all communicate and live. Plus, he was a great businessman and entrepreneur and I think I'd learn so much from him."
10. He believes he'd be sorted into Gryffindor.
"I'm a good boy. HRVY Potter, they call me."
11. HRVY says caring a lot about what people think is core to who he is as a person.
"I suppose that could be a bad thing, but it's because I just want to make others happy and make my fans proud. I find it hard to say no because I don't want to let people down, so I'll always try my best to make sure the people around me are the happiest they can be."
If HRVY is your ultimate Man Crush, click HERE for our favorite Instagram captions to use on your #MCM pics.