Here's Everything You Should Know About 'Hadal Ahbek' Singer-Songwriter Issam Alnajjar
It's not every artist that can gain international, mainstream acclaim with music sung in Arabic, but Issam Alnajjar is a unique case.
The 18-year-old Jordanian singer-songwriter first went viral with "Hadal Ahbek" in 2020, which hit the No. 1 spot on Spotify's US and Global Viral 50 Charts, and the title track of his debut album, Baree? is also taking off, resulting in more than a billion streams. It's clear his appeal as an artist transcends boundaries, and you don't have to speak a word of Arabic to become completely obsessed with his music. Keep reading to find out everything we discovered about him as our latest Man Crush Monday.
(Photo credit: Julian Cassady)
Full Name: Issam Alnajjar
Hometown: Amman, Jordan
Birthday: May 12
1. Issam has always dreamed of getting better at playing the piano.
"It's something I would love to learn professionally."
2. His family had a cat named Snowy.
"We called it 'Snowy' because it was white and had blue eyes."
3. Lately, he hasn't been able to take "Stay" by The Kid LAROI and Justin Bieber off repeat.
4. TikTok never fails to entertain him.
"I love the content on TikTok, it makes me laugh so hard."
5. He's not very into horoscopes.
6. He describes himself as outgoing.
"I love life and just want to make the people around me as happy as I am."
7. Lately, he's been obsessing over his new Dior shoes.
"Dior gifted me two pairs of their new sneakers, and I absolutely love them."
8. His dream vacation is a trip to Paris with a loved one.
"It's so romantic."
9. He says that being genuine is core to who he is as a human being.
"With every goal I achieve, I stay a humble guy. My biggest fear is to have a big ego, that's why I have close friends that ground me."
Want more about some of our favorite artists making music today? Click HERE to find out why we made ROSIE our Woman Crush Wednesday.