Here's Everything You Wanted To Know About 'Never the 1' Singer-Songwriter ROSIE
Ever since we first heard ROSIE's viral hit song "Never the 1," we haven't been able to get enough.
There's something about the poignant honesty and vulnerability to her music that just gets us, and the fact that she's always so open and honest candid about herself and her struggles with mental health, both in her songs and on social media, make us appreciate her even more. She released her stunning debut EP, 20mg of Happiness, in October, which may just be her best collection of songs yet—and this incredible artist is just getting started. Here's everything we learned about her as our latest Woman Crush Wednesday.
(Photo credit: Ragan Henderson)
Full Name: Rosaileen Scher ("but I go by ROSIE")
Hometown: Nyack, New York
Birthday: February 2
1. ROSIE would love for Shailene Woodley play her in a movie about her life.
"People say I sound like her when I talk."
2. She is the youngest child in her family.
"I have an older brother who has shaped me into the person and musician I am today— and he's also my manager!"
3. Her dream vacation is a trip to London.
"I've been dreaming of going to London for years now and I'm finally making it happen soon!"
4. She has a number of pretty unexpected musical influences.
"I feel like most of the artists I listen to people would not expect. At the moment, I'm drawing a lot of inspiration from Machine Gun Kelly and Gregory Alan Isakov."
5. She just can't stop watching Emma Chamberlain's content.
"Emma Chamberlain is my ride or die. I think she provides a safe space online, which is also my goal as an artist."
6. ROSIE has three cats named Bianco, Mittens and Fluffy.
7. Her favorite fun fact is that 90% of relationships before the age of 30 fail.
"I'm going to be single for the next nine years and I think that's extremely fun!"
8. Her mom's eggplant parmesan is her favorite dish of all time.
"I grew up in an Italian family, so we are very food-oriented."
9. Her favorite movie is Good Will Hunting.
10. She is proud of how sensitive she is.
"I think it's important for my fans to know how sensitive and deeply feeling I am. I want them to know that raw emotions are beautiful and deserve to be expressed."
Can't get enough of great new music? Click HERE to find out why musician and actress Erika Tham was last week's Woman Crush Wednesday.