Everything You Wanted to Know About 'Better Days' Singer-Songwriter Mae Muller
Mae Muller's "Better Days," featuring NEIKED and Polo G, has been on repeat since it was released back on Oct. 7, and it's a clear indication that the British singer-songwriter is going far.
With her bold voice and clever writing, she's definitely one to watch—and we think her audience is about to get a lot bigger. In fact, she's going to be performing her first-ever U.S. shows, beginning in March of next year. Ahead of those big performances, we got the chance to get personal with Mae. Find out everything she revealed to us as our latest Woman Crush Wednesday.
(Photo credit: Buzz White)
Name: Mae Muller
Hometown: North London, England
Birthday: August 26
1. Mae has known her bestie, Hanya, for 15 years years, and no one makes her laugh more.
2. She says no movie has been more impactful for her than Moulin Rouge.
"I absolutely loved Moulin Rouge when I was younger. I loved the imagery and drama of it all."
3. She's very sentimental about her mum's chicken pie with leeks.
"It's like a big hug and makes me think of my mum!"
4. She originally wanted to be a child psychologist or therapist, as she has a lot of little brothers.
"It made me want to be able to help young people. But I got a U in psychology, so it didn't work out."
5. She's never been one for good luck rituals.
"I just see what happens and hope for the best."
6. A couple of concerts have had profound effects on her.
"When I was younger, I went to a Gwen Stefani concert that changed my life and made me want to be a performer. But more recently, I went to see Harry Styles and felt like I was born again."
7. Her favorite fun fact is that otters sleep holding hands so they don't lose each other.
8. Her favorite Disney princess is Aurora, aka Sleeping Beauty, because she likes to sleep.
9. She'd love to learn Spanish one day.
10. If she could steal any fictional character's style, she'd pick Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl.
"She always looked on point!"
11. It's important to Mae that her fans understand that at the end of the day, we're all just human.
"I'm not perfect and I make mistakes, but I try and learn from them, and I hope they can see that and that they don't have to be perfect all the time, too."
Love getting to know the stories behind great artists? Click HERE to learn more about our last WCW, Betta Lemme.