Everything You Wanted to Know About 'Tonta' Singer-Songwriter Nathy Peluso
Argentine-born, Spain-based singer-songwriter and rapper Nathy Peluso has one of the biggest, boldest sounds in the industry at the moment, and there's much more from her to come in 2023.
Last month, she dropped the vibey retro-pop single "Tonta," an anthem that feels powerful and relatable—even if you don't speak a lick of Spanish. It's a creative exploration of learning from your mistakes, understanding that you'll make more and continuing on while better understanding yourself, and it's precisely what many of us need to hear. "Tonta" is just a taste of the album she's preparing for all of us, but until then, here's everything she shared with us about what makes her tick as our Woman Crush Wednesday.
(Photo credit: Rafa Castells)
Name: Nathy Peluso
Hometown: Barcelona, España
Birthday: January 12
1. Nathy has always wanted to learn how to drive.
2. She doesn't have a single favorite restaurant, but she does love Italian food—especially a good cacio e pepe.
Also read about: Everything You Wanted to Know About 'dirty dishes' Singer-Songwriter KiNG MALA
3. She works daily to hone her abilities as a human and artist.
"I train every day of my life."
4. One life lesson she wishes she would have learned earlier on is based on a well-known maxim.
"We have a saying that goes, 'Don't count your chicken before they're born.'"
Also read about: Everything You Wanted to Know About Cookbook Author and Girl Meets Farm Host Molly Yeh
5. She doesn't have a single favorite color.
"Right now, I'm vibing with the color red, but it changes with the stage of my life. I think color is very psychological, and you're not always vibing with the same one. It's something energetic."
6. If she could pick anyone from history to be her mentor, it'd definitely be Phil Collins.
7. Right now, she's obsessed with curated looks in black from head to toe.
8. Her mom's cooking never fails to make her smile.
Also read about: Everything You Wanted to Know About Actress and Model Nikki Leigh
9. She's a massive fan of Sex and the City, and most recently, she's been binge-watching The White Lotus.
10. She loves summer and the hot weather that comes with it.
11. You might not guess it, but Nathy isn't always as extroverted as she seems.
Want to learn more about the women who inspire us? Click HERE to learn all about singer-songwriter Jordana Bryant.