Incredibly Socially Awkward? Here Are Some Struggles You'll Find Painfully Relatable
Oh, the struggles of being socially awkward.
It's a painful skill only few are lucky enough to experience.
Do you happen to be one of these fortunate individuals? Well, then you'll definitely relate to these truths about your awkwardness.
1. You can't hold a conversation to save your life, let alone start a conversation. You literally never know what to say.
2. But when someone does get you talking about a book, movie, artist or something else you're obsessed with, you won't shut up. It's like someone needs to take out your batteries for you to power down.
3. Whenever your friends invite you to go to a party, you always have an excuse ready for why you can't go. Little do they know you'll only be catching up on your fave TV show or reading a new book.
(New Girl via 20th Century Fox)
4. And when you finally decide to go to a party, or any type of social gathering for that matter, you try to keep yourself busy so you don't have to mingle with your peers. You're either eating all the food available, playing with a pet or hiding out in the bathroom.
5. Your room is your sanctuary. You wish you could stay there 24/7, but unfortunately you have to attempt to be a functioning human, so it's not a possibility.
6. You're always so concerned with how others perceive you. You're not the greatest with first impressions and you pretty much assume everyone thinks you're crazy.
7. Phone calls are one of the scariest things ever. Even if it's just your friend calling to tell you about their day, you become terrified the second your phone starts ringing. Why can't people just text and only text?!
(Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets via Warner Bros.)
8. But nothing's worse than when a stranger decides to invade your personal space by sitting in the empty seat next to you wherever you happen to be. It's like they want you to feel uncomfortable. They find the pleasure in your pain.
9. You basically look like the shrug emoji in every picture you take, because you have no idea what to do with yourself.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
10. You're horrible at accepting compliments. When someone gives you one, you have no idea how to act. You either say something ridiculous or have a weird grin on your face, which you're sure makes them immediately regret their praise.
(Lilo & Stitch via Walt Disney Pictures)
11. Getting called on in class is a nightmare. You start sweating profusely and you end up saying something wrong, which leads everyone to start laughing at your mistake.
12. You always wonder how you became this awkward, yet you still haven't discovered the answer. The truth is out there.
13. And, of course, we can't forget how you reminisce on all of your harrowing awkward moments on the regular. You can't escape every strange thing you've done.
Awkward around your crush, too? We figured as much, so you'll definitely relate to THESE flirting struggles.