Throw the Ultimate DIY Summer Pool Party!
Ahh, it's summer, and that means time for relaxation overload. But most importantly, it means more time for fun.
School's out, so why not celebrate by throwing the pool party of your dreams?
We've decided to put together a few ways you can DIY your next summer bash without completely breaking the bank. Scroll below to become the party-planning envy of all your classmates!
Food & Beverage:
The most important part of any pool party is obviously the food (and some refreshing thirst-quenchers), so here are a few delicious treats and snacks that are pretty much the perfect cure for poolside munchies.
1. Beach Ball Cake Pops: A pool party is the time to treat yo'self. These adorable cake pops require a little prep time, but that shouldn't stop you from baking these drool-worthy treats. Read the full recipe HERE .
2. Watermelon Pops: These mouthwatering popsicles are easy to make, and they actually consist of real watermelon. They're fruity, refreshing and healthy. Find the full recipe HERE.
3. Chips & Dip: Remember those festive dips we told you about for Cinco de Mayo? Well, the fiesta doesn't have to stop there, they can totally work for a pool party too. Grab some chips and make up your favorite dip to go with them HERE.
(via The Pretty Bee)
4. Drinks: These summer drinks are easy to whip up and seriously yummy. They were basically made for poolside lounging. Watch how to make them below:
You're going to want to turn your backyard into a gorgeous pool party paradise, which won't be too tough with the below guidance.
1. Tassel Garlands: Craft up a couple of tassel garlands using the color(s) of your choice to give your backyard the pool-party-ready vibe it needs. Read the full instructions HERE.
(via The Sweetest Occasion)
2. Jellyfish Pool Lights: $15.99
These rad inflatable jellyfish pool lights are the perfect accessory to keep the party going even after it gets dark.
Even if you and your squad loves to just lay out on your best beach towels and get some sun, no pool party is complete without a few fun games and activities.
1. DIY Sunnies: Have you jazzed up your own shades yet? A pool party is basically the perfect time to do so. You can even wear them after you're done. Make your very own pair of these adorbs watermelon sunnies HERE.
2. Inflatable Disco Toss: $27.11
We know those cool in-pool games can be on the pricey side, but this fun and more affordable option will still be surefire hit. IMG
(via 24/7 Pools)
A pool party is the perfect way to get in the summer spirit, but if you need that extra push to get you completely ready, you're going to want to check out THESE insanely picturesque sandcastles.