Veselina Chebanova Dishes On Her Brand Arteana
We absolutely love getting to know our favorite fashion founders, and when we found out about the artisan footwear brand Arteana, we just knew we had to meet the genius behind it.
Veselina Chebanova, the founder of Arteana, lives in Tuscany, Italy, and has a passion for shoes and footwear unlike anyone else! We wanted to learn all about her personal style and brand, and she was kind enough to answer our questions. Just keep scrolling for everything you need to know.
Name: Veselina Chebanova
IG Handle: @arteana_official
Hometown: Florence, Italy
1. Veselina credits her mom for ultimately becoming obsessed with fashion and style.
"My mom is a tailor and I loved helping her when I was growing up. The perfectly tailored clothes gave people more confidence and made them feel special. I loved seeing the spark in their eyes when they put on the perfectly fitted piece tailored just for them."
2. She's always dreamed of launching a footwear brand.
"For as long as I remember, I always dreamed of launching a footwear brand. After devoting eight years to the study of the art and fashion design at the world's most prestigious fashion institutions, including Polimoda in Florence, I joined Aquazzura—a luxury footwear brand based in Florence when it was just founded by Edgardo Osorio. My experiences with Aquazzura enabled me to launch Arteana in 2019—a premium footwear brand handmade in Tuscany."
Also read about: The Cutest Loafers for Fall 2022
3. Veselina's favorite piece in her closet at the moment is Arteana's Roma 50 Sandals ($353).
4. She is obsessed with her dogs Benji and Bella—two adorable Basenjis.
"Most of my free time I spend with my husband, hiking in the Tuscan countryside with these two. If you ask me what I would prefer to do on a weekend, I would actually choose hiking with my family over a full-day shopping trip to Florence. Well, almost."
5. Speaking of dogs, her TikTok For You page is largely dedicated to dog and puppy videos.
6. All of Arteana's shoes are handcrafted in Italy.
"Arteana is a delicious blend of Mediterranean effortlessness combined with "la dolce vita." Each shoe is imbued with a zest for life and timeless elegance. All our shoes are handcrafted by the finest Italian artisans who learned their heritage craft passed down from one generation to the next, blending age-old techniques with modern artisanal technology and impeccable Florentine craftsmanship."
7. Vesenlina has around 300 pairs of vintage shoes in her closet.
Also read about: We're Obsessing Over All of These Ballet Flats for the Fall
8. When it comes to her personal style, she loves to mix vintage and tailored clothes.
"Many of the clothes I wear because they remind me of good times in the past or make me feel extra confident. My mom has always been a great inspiration to me, and one of the things she taught me was to respect and take care of my clothes. She also taught me that making clothes is hard work and that people who make it should get fairly paid for their work."
9. Veselina has always been fascinated by actresses like Ornella Muti, Monica Vitti, Charlotte Gainsbourg and Monica Bellucci because of their impeccable style.
10. She believes in simplicity and minimalism.
"Stick to simplicity and great accessories and you'll always be well dressed."
11. When Veselina is in a rush, she goes for nicely tailored jeans, a white T-shirt and a pair of Arteana's Amalfi 75 ($457) in black.
Also read about: 7 Pairs of Sneakers Our Fashion Editors Plan on Wearing This Fall
12. She's head-over-heels for Arteana's Versilia 95 Boots ($1,841).
"Our Versilia 95 boots are a tribute to the '00 and glamorous pop culture. These suede boots are handcrafted in Italy and feature stunning crystal fringes. It is a beautiful, chic, and timeless piece that I am planning to add to my wardrobe this winter."
13. Veselina can't get enough of the '00s trend.
"I am obsessed with the '00 trend and everything related to this, such as glitter, high heels, bold colors, party dressing, fun and cheerful clothes. After staying home for so long, getting dressed and going out is as exciting as it was for me when I was in my 20s."
Love learning about female fashion founders? Look HERE for everything you need to know about Gabriela Prendes of Thrifts + Threads.