Here's Everything You Need to Know About Country Singer-Songwriter Bailey Hefley
Bailey Hefley is a master of the pop-country genre, with each infectious new track she releases being even catchier than the last.
Her latest song, "Gotta Find Out" perfectly infuses a danceable beat into its country vocals, and Bailey's optimism and spirit shine through in everything she produces. We're a little obsessed, to say the least, and we loved getting the chance to know all about what goes into her music in the interview below.
(Photo credit: Jack Guy)
Name: Bailey Elizabeth Hefley
Hometown: Little Rock, Arkansas
Birthday: May 1
Zodiac sign: Taurus
1. When it comes to songwriting, Bailey lets it all happen organically.
"Usually, my best lines and song hooks just come to me, and aren't searched for heavily. I've found inspiration in TV shows, movies, magazines, and books. Lately, I've been really into old movies—I love the nostalgic feeling we get watching them."
2. Her favorite song of all time is Queen's "Somebody to Love."
3. She says she couldn't live without snacking on Keto Cups.
"They are made with one gram of coconut sugar, MCT oil, and dark chocolate and they look like a Reese's. I'm intolerant to peanuts, so these make a great (and healthy) sub for the real thing that used to be my favorite candy."
4. She adores romantic comedies.
"The hopeless romantic in me can't resist a good love story. Add a lil humor and the fact that I'll be awake all night if it's too scary, and you have a genre winner."
5. Once the quarantine is over, her dream is to travel to London.
"My parents lived there for a few months after they got married and have always told me stories. I've wanted to go since I was a teenager."
6. Pink is her favorite color.
"It's fun, feminine and adds brightness to any room or outfit. I remember the first time someone asked me my favorite color—my childhood best friend and I were in the back seat of my mom's car, we were 4 and I said "I don't know" and she said, "Mine's pink" and I said, "Okay, mine too."So, chicken or the egg? Either way, my whole condo is filled with pink today! I also really love purple. It's a close call."
7. Bailey's more into Disney princesses than superheroes in general, but Spider-Man is probably her favorite hero.
"My dad took us to all of those movies with Tobey Maguire growing up and I loved the series so much."
8. She says she's been called "quirky" a number of times over the course of her life, and that her biggest character quirk is probably that she has to watch something happy before she goes to bed.
9. Lipgloss is her must-have beauty product.
"My lips walk in the room before I do, and they're dry sometimes because I sing so much so I always have some with me."
10. Ethics are first and foremost to Bailey.
"I'm very honest, and if I say I'm gonna do something, I mean it."
Can't get enough country? Click HERE for our favorite country tracks that make a great chill-out playlist.