The Ohio-raised, Nashville-based singer-songwriter is completely self-taught, learning the guitar in just a few months by aggressively studying YouTube tutorials just as he was starting college. Eventually, he fell so hard for music that he decided to drop out to pursue a career in Music City.
Clearly, the move paid off, as he’s dropped viral hit after viral hit, including “Sneakers,” “I Don’t Wanna Know” and “Love Letter,” as well as his most recent track, released just last week, “Man Down.” He’s even gearing up to join Nightly on their Wear Your Heart Out Tour, with U.S. dates running starting in Austin, Texas on Oct. 5 and concluding on Nov. 16 in Nashville, Tennessee. We think some very big things are on the horizon for this rising star, and here’s everything he revealed about himself as our latest Man Crush Monday.
(Photo credit: Working Holiday)
Name: Knox Morris
Hometown: New Carlisle, Ohio
Birthday: October 20
1. Knox isn’t ashamed of his hobbies.
“I’m a 25-year-old dude who loves LEGOs!”
2. If he could pick anyone from history to be his mentor, it’d have to be LeBron James.
3. Ed Sheeran is his biggest inspiration.
4. His go-to pizza order is pepperoni with extra sauce.
5. Goulash always reminds him of home.
“My mom makes the best in the world, and when she comes to visit me in Nashville, she brings a tray of it with her.”
6. He doesn’t have a lot of pet peeves.
“Not a whole lot makes me angry. I guess when people aren’t genuine or themselves.”
7. He considers himself a big sneakerhead.
“I have a ton of Jordans and Nikes and stuff like that. I love shoes.”
8. His worst subject in school was math, while his best was English.
9. If he weren’t a singer-songwriter, he’d love to become an NBA player—or at least something related to the NBA.
10. His go-to Starbucks order is a decaf iced vanilla latte with oat milk.
11. Knox says it’s super easy for him to wake up and be in a good mood.
“It takes way more energy to be mean to people and mad than just being open and friendly. My walls are always down; I’m always going to be shameless and the same person no matter who I’m talking to or where I am.”
To discover more on our recent Man Crush Mondays, click HERE to learn everything you wanted to know about German rock band Giant Rooks.