What to Know About The Expanding Universe of Ashley Garcia's Paulina Chávez
If you're not watching Paulina Chávez The Expanding Universe of Ashley Garcia on Netflix, you're missing out on one of our favorite new funny and empowering shows.
Paulina stars as the titular Ashley, a 15-year-old prodigy who moves across the country to be a robotics engineer and rocket scientist at NASA. Over the course of the show, we've come to look up to both Ashley and the actress who plays her. Keep reading to find out everything you should know about Paulina Chávez.
(Photo credit: Patty Chávez)
Name: Paulina Chávez
Hometown: Born in El Paso, Texas, raised in San Antonio, Texas
Birthday: May 22
1. Paulina wouldn't call herself a collector, but she does own a number of crystals and stones.
2. She says she couldn't live without Hot Cheetos with lime and Valentina hot sauce.
3. During quarantine, she decided to attempt learning the piano.
4. Though she loves both Marvel and DC, she leans toward Marvel because she grew up watching the films.
"My family and I would watch every single one when they were released."
5. Paulina has a keepsake necklace that serves as a lucky charm of sorts.
"I don't know if it brings good luck, but I love having the memory of my grandma with me."
6. Her most overused phrase is "the impossible is possible."
"Cheesy but true!"
7. She's an animal lover, and one of her favorites is sea otters.
"I think it's super cute that they hold hands when they sleep so they won't separate."
8. Paulina's mom, Patty, is her biggest hero.
9. If she could only shop from one kind of store, it would be thrift and vintage shops.
10. She couldn't live without her Futuredew by Glossier.
Can't get enough of Paulina's show? Click HERE to discover your Netflix-watching personality, based on your zodiac sign.