Everything You Need to Know About the Fabulous Singer-Songwriter ROZES
We haven't stopped fangirling over ROZES since her amazing collab with The Chainsmokers, "Roses," dropped in 2015.
We're obsessed, and we have to say that the singer-songwriter's talents have only grown since then. We've loved keeping up with her career (and her gorgeous music) along every step of the way. In our latest interview with her, we asked her some personal questions about the things that make ROZES one-of-a-kind. Keep reading to find out what they are.
(Photo credit: Adam Cantinello)
Name: Elizabeth Marie Rose Mencel
Hometown: Montgomery County, Pennsylvania
Birthday: April 14
1. ROZES' sleep schedule has changed a bit over the years.
"I used to be a night owl, but lately I enjoy an early morning. Not sure what's wrong with me, but I guess this is what being an adult is like?"
2. The three things she'd bring with her on a desert island are her journal, her dog and her guitar.
3. If she could pick anyone to play her in a movie about her life, ROZES would pick Drew Barrymore.
4. Her favorite color is teal.
"I just always was so intrigued by the way it's kinda green but kinda blue. I like that it's the in-between."
5. Mascara is the one makeup product she couldn't live without.
"I feel like even with a bare face, mascara can help make me look presentable."
6. After a tough day, ROZES likes to unwind with a cup of coffee while she plays with her dogs.
"They help me stay in the moment and take my mind off of the daily stressors. Or I like to cycle."
7. She's inexplicably drawn to the Hulk.
"I don't know why, and I'm not sure if he's a superhero, but I've always loved the Hulk. I'm not even sure if he's a good guy or not. Just a gut feeling."
8. Her boyfriend and her dogs never fail to make her smile.
9. She played soccer growing up, from the time she was five, up through college.
"I never had the most friends growing up, but my teammates always had my back and I always felt like I belonged when I was with them. I miss it a lot."
10. Her first big break in the business was releasing "Roses" alongside The Chainsmokers.
"When we wrote that, none of us really knew what was ahead of us. I'll always be thankful for that."
If you can't get enough of her, click HERE for our throwback interview with ROZES talking about her work with The Chainsmokers.