Here's Everything You Should Know About Singer-Songwriter Sarah Cothran
Last week, 20-year-old TikTok sensation and singer-songwriter Sarah Cothran dropped her debut EP, i hope you're happy, and if you're anything like us, you haven't been able to get its dreamy, poignant tracks out of your head.
From her very first single, "Baby Why," we've been completely enamored with Sarah's soaring vocals and relatable songwriting, and it's clear from her success that we're not the only ones. She's currently touring with Alec Benjamin, and if you're lucky enough to catch her live, you'll see just how powerful she is as an artist. Click HERE to stream the EP, and keep scrolling to discover everything we learned about her as our latest Woman Crush Wednesday.
(Image courtesy of Sarah Cothran)
Name: Sarah Jessica Cothran
Hometown: Seminary, Mississippi
Birthday: June 11
1. Sarah used to be a cheerleader.
"I started super young and did it until about high school. I loved cheering and would probably have done it longer if it weren't for music taking up all my time. I discovered playing and writing songs in junior high and I became really obsessed with it, and that's when I started focusing less on cheerleading."
2. Mulan is the fictional character who's inspired her most.
"I was obsessed with Mulan when I was little (and still am). Her character is so empowering! She risked everything for her family and kept going even when she was scared. I watched that movie a lot because I always felt so inspired afterward and I also loved the soundtrack."
3. She loves a nice hot cup of tea!
"I don't drink coffee so I've actually never bought anything from Starbucks."
4. She relates to Sleepy from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs more than any other Disney character.
5. She'd love to get better at drawing and painting.
"I've always loved art. I still really enjoy it even though I'm not that great at it."
6. If she could go anywhere for a week, she'd visit her dad in India, where he's working for a few months.
7. Emma Chamberlain is one online personality she cannot stop watching.
"She makes me feel understood."
8. Sarah loves nice, feel-good comedies.
"My friends always try to force me to watch scary movies and I hate them! I'll stick to a good rom-com."
9. In three words, she'd describe herself as creative, introverted and kind.
10. Sarah thinks she'd be a terrible doctor.
"One look at blood and I'm out."
11. She has an obsession with her dog, Roxie.
"Talking about her makes up 99% of my personality."
Love reading about artists like Sarah Cothran? Click HERE to find out all about our previous WCW, Casey Bishop.