Everything You Wanted to Know About Sunday in Heaven Singer-Songwriter Zella Day
Singer-songwriter Zella Day is best known for her vibrance and incredible range, both vocally and in terms of her expansive, ever-growing sound.
Though she's originally from Arizona, she's now based out of Los Angeles, and there's something in her music that's quintessentially L.A. She dropped her sophomore album, Sunday in Heaven, last month, telling a story of growth, healing and self-discovery that we haven't taken off repeat. We just had to find out more about the artist, and here's everything we learned about her as our Woman Crush Wednesday.
(Image courtesy of Zella Day)
Name: Zella Day Kerr
Hometown: Pinetop, Arizona
Birthday: March 13
1. One of Zella's most unexpected favorite artists has to do with where she's from.
"I have LBC heritage, and naturally, I love Sublime."
2. Her favorite scent in the world is homemade pasta sauce sizzling in the pan (with extra shallots).
3. She knows a lot more about flowers than you might expect.
"I started interning for a florist over the summer and learning all different kinds of tricks and charms. I've been really enjoying working with my hands and immersing myself in color."
4. She has quite the unusual collection.
"I have the best collection of quirky business cards that I've collected over the years. Self-promotion is even better on paper."
5. She says the one app she couldn't live without is The New York Times Cooking app.
"It's a staple on my home screen."
6. Sailor Moon is her favorite superhero.
7. Her favorite style trend at the moment is big, baggy raver cargo pants.
8. She considers John Travolta in Urban Cowboy to be her biggest guilty pleasure.
9. She's unexpectedly very good at chess.
10. Zella's work as an artist, and a human being, is never done.
"I'm always evolving and I have a lot of work to do in letting go of the fear I have of a song or creative project defining me. I insist on expressing all versions of myself and strive for dynamic results."
Curious about our past WCWs? Click HERE to learn everything you wanted to know about lifestyle and beauty creator Tatyana Joseph.