Everything You Wanted to Know About Singer-Songwriter and TikTok Viral Artist Lyn Lapid
In 2020, Lyn's track "Producer Man" was the most-viewed original song on the entire platform, earning her legions of fans, and lucky for all of us, she's no one-hit-wonder. Since then, she's also released the moody "Itsy Bitsy" and gorgeously ethereal "Infinite," and racked up an impressive following of nearly 4 million followers on TikTok. She's a talent everyone should have on their radar, and here's everything you should know about her as our latest Woman Crush Wednesday.
(Photo credit: Lyn Lapid)
Name: Lyn Lapid
Hometown: Columbia, Maryland
Birthday: October 24
1. Lyn says her most overused word is "holyyy…" when she's excited.
2. She's currently very much into a few style trends.
"I am addicted to the combo of a printed unbuttoned button-up and a tank top at the moment. I also love tying a shoelace around my neck as if it was a choker."
3. She thinks she'd be terrible at any role that requires customer service.
"I do not have the bravery, confidence or patience for that at all."
4. The last song she had stuck in her head was "Good Days" by SZA.
5. She's started a Mini Brands collection.
"Right now I only have five but I plan to have all of them one day."
6. Her favorite scent in the world is new car smell.
"If there was a candle for that, I would buy it immediately."
7. She has a dog named Mac, a Coton de Tulear.
"He was named after the first three letters of my middle name."
9. Blackpink and BTS are here favorite artists of all time.
"They were the first K-pop groups I ever got into."
10. Beluga whales are her favorite animals.
"They were my favorite ever since I saw Bailey the beluga whale in Finding Dory. I thought their ability to echolocate was so cool."
11. She says her biggest character quirk is that, despite her horrible eyesight, she never wears her glasses.
12. Lyn says the one thing that's core to her is being as authentic to herself as possible.
"I struggle a lot with being a people-pleaser, and living for other people, and so oftentimes I sacrifice my own values and desires to put other people first. I've been working to be my own person, to stand up for myself and to say 'no' when I want to say 'no.' Likewise, I try to be honest with other people about my true self, being unapologetic about who I am and what I want for my own life."
Want more from Lyn? Click HERE to read our interview with Lyn Lapid on her Perks of Being a Wallflower-inspired single, "Infinite."