SOFIA The Label's Sophia Lenzo Tells Us All About Her Fashion Empire
Founded by Sophia Lenzo, this brand and gal have a love for florals. We've been fans of SOFIA The Label for quite some time and always love the new drops they come out with (and we have a feeling you will, too!). Lucky for us, Sophia answered all of our most burning questions about her personal style and SOFIA The Label. Just keep scrolling to see what she had to say.
Name: Sophia Lenzo
Hometown: Perth, Australia
1. Sophia's style changes based on her mood:
"My personal style is very much influenced by location, season and mood. I'm a summer girl so I love resort fashion. My family heritage is Italian and Croatian, so I'm very much inspired by Europe, travel, architecture, art and nature (in particular, flowers!)."
2. Her go-to outfit when she's in a rush is typically a top and denim shorts or a short summer dress.
Also read about: Affordable Bags to Complete Your Fall Look
3. Sophia founded SOFIA The Label in 2016 at the age of 23:
"I had a strong desire to be my own boss and a dream to have a fashion empire. I am a big dreamer, but I am also a big doer. Since 2016 we have grown from strength to strength, expanding our team, stocking our brand in some fantastic brick-and-mortar stores around the world, and our styles have been embraced by some icons that we love, like Emily Ratajkowski."
4. She firmly believes that short-term pain for long-term gain is well worth the price.
Also read about: 7 Sunglasses Trends to Look Forward to This Fall
5. She loves the couture dress hanging in her closet:
"I recently got engaged, so my team and I made a gorgeous custom SOFIA The Label couture mini dress for the engagement party, encrusted with glass beads and sequins. It's one of my favourite pieces as it's a one-off and very sentimental."
6. Sophia is a huge empath.
7. When we asked Sophia about her favorite piece in her closet, she had a hard time picking just one:
"It's like picking your favorite child—I wear them all and love them all! Our latest release features our '60s-inspired retro print which I love—it's so fun and colourful."
Also read about: 15 Fall 2022 Fashion Trends to Look Forward To
8. She's a sucker for anything micro mini.
9. Sophia has been a fashion lover for as long as she can remember:
"Since I was a little girl, I was obsessed with fashion and style. My mum was a designer and would make my sister and I outfits all the time. I guess it was just ingrained in me from a young age!"
10. Sophia has been loving corsets because they're flattering and versatile.
Love learning about female founders of fashion brands? Look HERE for everything you need to know about Caroline Receveur, founder of RECC Paris.