Everything You Wanted to Know About 'Fall in Love Alone' Singer-Songwriter Stacey Ryan
Is there anyone having a bigger year in 2022 than Stacey Ryan?
After releasing the viral breakout track "Don't Text Me When You're Drunk" earlier this year, the singer-songwriter's follow-up song, "Fall in Love Alone" has been an even bigger hit, trending on TikTok and getting more than 23 million streams on Spotify alone. With its playful sound and soulful inflection, the song is about wanting to be more than just friends with someone, and all of the doubt and questions arising around it, making it all too relatable. If you love Stacey's music as much as we do, keep scrolling to discover everything she shared about herself as our latest Woman Crush Wednesday.
(Photo credit: Caity Krone)
Name: Stacey Ryan
Hometown: Vaudreuil-Dorion, Montreal, Canada
Birthday: August 18
1. Tangled's Mother Gothel is Stacey's favorite Disney villain.
"Her villain song in the movie is the best one."
2. She likes to keep things simple and almost always orders plain cheese pizza.
"But if I'm at home making pizza on a flatbread or naan, I'll add chicken and broccoli or cauliflower."
3. Right now, her biggest celebrity crush is Jason Sudeikis.
4. One of her biggest character quirks is taking off her socks and just leaving them around the house.
Also read about: Everything You Wanted to Know About Sunday in Heaven Singer-Songwriter Zella Day
5. Whether she's an early bird or a night owl really depends on the situation.
"In general, I'm definitely more of a night owl, but when I come back to L.A. after being on the East Coast, I wake up earlier for a week and I love it!"
6. Growing up, she considered herself more musical and artsy than sporty.
"But I was in a bowling league for a couple years when I was younger. I played a couple of tournaments and genuinely loved it! I think my favorite moment was when I was out on a team with older girls and it was a group event, so due to them playing extremely well, we won gold."
7. She's still a big fan of the outfit styles from the animated spy series Totally Spies!
"I loved that show growing up."
8. One of her favorite foods growing up was quite unusual—but sounds delicious.
"I remember fondly eating chicken nuggets with a side of rice, but the best part was that my dad would cut up some cheddar cheese and melt it on the chicken nuggets. I still make it sometimes today!"
Also read about: Everything You Wanted to Know About Producer and DJ REZZ
9. She talks to herself a lot, which can be helpful when she's feeling down.
"I overthink a lot, and it's usually all in my head, so if I talk to myself and convince myself everything will be okay, it definitely helps."
10. Most importantly, Stacey wants her fans to know that she puts everything into her music and her craft.
"I am so grateful that I'm able to share it with everyone!"
Curious about our last WCW? Click HERE to learn everything you wanted to know about singer-songwriter MacKenzie Porter.