Everything You Need to Know About Actress and 'Old Her' Singer-Songwriter YDE
The Australian-born singer-songwriter and actress has been the force behind some of our favorite songs of the summer, with a voice just as powerful as the message within her words. Last month's "Old Her," was a stunning track about strength in change and finding the power within yourself, while "People Can Change" is a raw ballad full of yearning for a better, kinder world, with the music video showing YDE staring right into the viewers' souls. YDE has some even more exciting things coming this summer—and here's everything we learned about her as our latest Woman Crush Wednesday.
(Photo credit: Jade DeRose)
Name: Breanna Nicole Yde
Hometown: Sydney, Australia
Birthday: June 11
1. YDE has definitely dabbled with gaming over the years.
"My favorite game was Overwatch. I used to play with my castmates on our off time, and I can say with confidence that we spent too much time on that game."
2. Her most-used emoji is the brown heart 🤎
"All about spreading the love :)"
3. She has a newfound obsession with making coffee.
"It's so so satisfying! When I went back to Sydney during the pandemic, I became obsessed with Aussie coffee so I had to learn how to make it myself. I just got a fancy lil coffee machine and I am now perfecting my brew."
4. After a tough day, you can reliably find her unwinding at the gym.
"It just helps me get my head out of anything work-related and focus on bettering myself."
5. She's never been much of a collector of things.
"I am not exactly a gatherer. I definitely just throw things away. I believe less is more!"
6. She hasn't actually watched a ton of superhero movies.
"But who doesn't like Aquaman…?"
7. If she weren't making music or acting, she'd want to be a pro tennis player.
Also read about: Everything You Need to Know About Indie Pop Band The Aces
"I played a bit of tennis growing up and I just loved how high-pace and competitive it was."
8. Her go-to nail polish color is black.
"Always. No questions asked."
9. YDE keeps her friends and loved ones close.
"I think everyone has different places in my life and it's hard to say who is necessarily the closest, but if I had to narrow it down to one person, I'd say my older brother, BJ. We've been through it all together."
Want to learn more about the ladies who inspire us? Click HERE to read our interview with singer-songwriter Summy.