Everything You Wanted to Know About 'flight attendant' Singer-Songwriter Haiden
After 2022's "Sorry to Your Next Ex" put L.A. singer-songwriter Haiden firmly on the map, the indie-pop artist is back in 2023 in a big way.
While Haiden has always had a knack for impactful tracks, blending thought-provoking wit with raw realness in his songs about doomed relationships, his latest single, "flight attendant," feels like the next big step on his journey as an artist. The song dropped last week, with a heartfelt acoustic sound and lyrics comparing a failing relationship to a nosediving plane. It teases a new side to Haiden that's at once more vulnerable and more mature, both thematically and sonically. It really is only the beginning for the USC grad, with much more music coming in the year, and if you're also one of Haiden's biggest fans, be sure to keep reading to discover everything he shared about himself as our latest Man Crush Monday.
(Photo credit: Amanda Elman)
Name: Haiden Henderson
Hometown: Hanford, California (now lives in Los Angeles)
Birthday: May 31
1. Haiden considers himself a chronic re-watcher.
"I've been doing my annual Avatar: the Last Airbender binge the last few weeks."
2. Haiden's favorite song he ever wrote is either his latest single "flight attendant" or a yet-unheard song going on his next project called "Killed the Kid."
Also read about: Everything You Wanted to Know About Teen Wolf Actor Tyler Posey
3. He can do a standing backflip.
4. He also goes on at least one hot girl walk a day.
5. He has a pretty specific ritual for unwinding after a tough day.
"I take a long shower and spend an embarrassing amount of time doing my skincare routine while watching those long-nose dog TikToks with the 'didn't I do it for you, Kermit?' sound."
6. If he could pick anyone from history to be his mentor, it'd have to be rock legend, David Bowie.
"He really was just a vessel for his art and creativity, and I am so enamored by that."
Also read about: Everything You Wanted to Know About 'Story of a Boy' Singer-Songwriter JORDY
7. He says he has a bit of an unearned reputation for being a ladies' man.
"I've always gotten along better with girls—I think because I was raised by a single mom—so my friends have a running joke that I date around a lot, despite usually being afraid of girls in a romantic capacity."
8. He grew up with two weenie dogs.
"They are now very elderly and toothless, but I don't personally have my own pets now. When my little brother and I left for college, though, my mom adopted eight new animals. I'm not even joking—I think she's also getting a horse and an alpaca this year."
9. He's humbly known as "the fun fact guy" amongst his peers.
"My brain is a bottomless pit where useless anecdotes and movie quotes go to die. I recently found out that the piano Freddie Mercury played in 'Bohemian Rhapsody' was the same piano used by Paul McCartney in 'Hey Jude.'"
10. He loves the color green in all hues.
"Forest green, olive green, emerald green. For some reason, it feels grounding to me. Maybe it's a nature thing, or maybe I'm related to F. Scott Fitzgerald."
Also read about: Everything You Wanted to Know About TikTok Sensation and Artist Eric Sedeño
11. He's been skydiving just once, and would love to get into it in a bigger capacity.
"I wanna do it enough times to be able to jump on my own."
12. A lot of who Haiden is today is the result of moving a lot as a kid.
"I moved around a lot growing up, so being accepted became super important to me as I was trying to infiltrate friend groups as the new kid. That means that when I write delusionally confident songs now, it's really me wishing that I was confident as I come across in the lyrics."
For even more from Haiden, be sure to click HERE to read our interview with Haiden on his new single, "flight attendant."