Everything You Wanted to Know About 'Fingers Crossed' Singer-Songwriter Lauren Spencer-Smith
The talented artist first made her way into our hearts as a contestant on American Idol, before becoming one of our favorite viral musicians on all of TikTok with her powerful songs including "Fingers Crossed" and "Flowers." With her powerfully painted narratives, brought to life with soulful, soaring vocals, each new song has fully broken our hearts, and we know Lauren is only getting started. Here's everything we learned about her as our latest Woman Crush Wednesday.
(Image courtesy of Lauren Spencer-Smith)
Name: Lauren Spencer-Smith
Hometown: Nanaimo, Vancouver Island, Canada
Birthday: September 28
1. While Lauren wouldn't necessarily want to steal her style, she'd love to have access to Cher's Glamoutfit computer program from Clueless, allowing her to pick and choose different outfits onscreen.
"A computer stylist in my house would be so fun."
2. If she could live in any fictional world, she might just jump into the one from iCarly.
"Okay, so I loved iCarly when I was younger because she had such a cool house. She was always on her webcam, and I feel like that was that generation's version of being on TikTok."
3. Though she has a ton of influences as an artist, her biggest has to be JP Saxe.
"I just think he's weird and different, and I am also weird and different."
5. The pizza from Milano's in her home of Nanaimo, Vancouver Island, is her favorite food from her favorite restaurant.
"I always eat pizza with ranch, and the ranch at Milano's hits different. It's so weird the more I've traveled people don't have ranch with their pizza! Canada has way better ranch than anywhere else, especially Milano's."
6. And what's Lauren's favorite joke?
"My ex. No, just kidding!"
7. In actuality, she probably doesn't have a favorite joke—but that doesn't mean she's not constantly cracking up.
"I laugh at a lot of things, like I could just be with my friends and they'll say something weird and it could be the funniest thing ever."
8. Slow walkers are her biggest pet peeve.
"I always walk like I have somewhere to be, and it just bothers me when people are purposely walking slow."
9. She's definitely a morning person.
"I'd love to be asleep by like 6 p.m. every day—I get up early and go to the gym and I'm just always in work mode so being up early and being productive feels really good to me."
10. She's never really collected anything—but she is working on a collection of Prada boots.
11. She absolutely couldn't live without smoothies.
12. It's important to Lauren that people know she's been working since she was 11 to make her dream come true.
"I just want them to know how hard I've worked for what I have now, and that if you put your heart into something, you can make it happen for yourself, too."
If you loved learning all about Lauren, click HERE to find out all of the reasons Logan "Logistx" Edra was our WCW last week.