Everything You Wanted to Know About Danish 'Wish You Were Here' Singer-Songwriter Lukas Graham
The powerful ode to friendship, and the power it can have in our lives even when someone is no longer in them, is proof that Lukas and Khalid were meant to make music together. It'll also be the lead single on Lukas's upcoming The Pink Album, the followup to his Blue Album and 3 (The Purple Album). His talents as an artist truly are unmatched, and here's everything we learned about him as our latest Man Crush Monday.
(Photo credit: Petra Kleis)
Name: Lukas Graham
Hometown: Copenhagen, Denmark
Birthday: September 18
1. Lukas has had a couple of crushes on fictional characters in the past.
"As a kid, I thought Nala from The Lion King was cute, and as teenager, Poison Ivy."
2. He's a huge fan of Ryan Tedder.
"I think Ryan Tedder is awesome, because he manages to have a successful act going with One Republic, but also writes songs with and for so many big artists. He's kind of the Dolly Parton of our time in that regard."
3. There really isn't a type of weather he doesn't appreciate.
"Laying puzzles on rainy days, snow fights and winter bathing in the ocean when it freezes, playing outside with my kids when the sky is blue. In Denmark where I'm from, we get all of it, and I love the seasons. All year there's something to look forward to."
4. He's definitely a family man, and the things that never fail to make him smile are so sweet:
"Looking at my wife and kids first thing in the morning and right before I go to sleep."
Also read about: Everything You Wanted to Know About The Quarry Actor Zach Tinker
5. His favorite fun fact just might blow your mind:
"Did you know it's called American football because the ball is a foot long?"
6. He says the time period he'd want to travel to most depends on whatever book he's reading at the time.
"I'll catch myself wishing I was alive in Ancient Greece or during the Napoleonic wars—but looking at the developments we get to see now in our lifetime, I'm pretty grateful I'm here now."
7. He also loves doing arts and crafts with his kids.
"I suck at it, but have immense fun doing handy creative stuff with my oldest daughter, painting, drawing, cutting and gluing stuff together."
8. He says he couldn't live without Danish rye bread.
"There's just nothing like it in the world. I can eat it for breakfast lunch and dinner."
9. When people come to him for help, they usually want his time to help them with a task or get some advice on something.
"Except my older sister—we always ask each other what books to read. This year, she gave me The Enchantress of Florence by Salman Rushdie."
10. Above all, Lukas says the most important thing to who he is as a human is that he's a loyal and generous friend.
"Always have been."
Curious about our past MCMs? Click HERE to learn all there is to know about Xen of OMEGA X.